Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Flamenco Fashion Show

Saturday was a day to celebrate the beauty and culture of all this is Sevillian
it began with a magical tour of the Alcazar, and finished with a flamenco fashion show.. best day by far.


 It was a girl's night out, Ana (the mom) Laura, her Abuela and I. This was the outside of the convention center, you can't see it from this perspective, but there were fountains framing the building.


The whole convention was for La Feria, which is a pretty big deal here. It's one full week of dresses, dancing, food and drink, without any work or school to be heard of. I've heard about this festival since the day I got here, and soon realized, I would be leaving the week before it begins...: (. Life goes on. 


But this convention show cased the high fashion flamenco dresses which all the ladies wear during the week of la Feria, along with all the fabulous earnings, headpieces, bracelets, necklaces and dancing shoes.







 After the fabulous shows, My family was eager to share the joy of La Feria with me. They pulled out the dresses, earrings, bracelets and head pieces, and I tried them on. ugh, I wish I was here for la Feria. Paco played the guitar, flamenco style of course, and Ana sang. Laura and Malena danced. I attempted... it was great. The culture is so rich and woven with history and passion... I can't quite describe it.
The Spanish have great pride in who they are and where they come from, and everything has a story.














No comments:

Post a Comment