Sunday, February 5, 2012

Alcázar de Séville


 Today was an amazing day. I visited one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen, Alcázar de Séville.

Getting in required assistance from a stranger, as they couldn't allow two "minors" to go in alone. After being turned down by the ticket lady, we walked away, but a couple over heard the conversation, and offered to pretend to be our aunt and uncle, we gladly accepted.

With a sarcastic smile from the ticket lady, she let us go through :)

But Oh My God, when I walked in, I was blown away.

It's a Castle, which was origonaly built by the Moors some 1,000 years ago. Since then, Spanish Royalty has added on to it through the years, creating a massive fortress with both Spanish and Arabic architecture.



 the detail was incredible and, just everything about the place was magnificent. I kinda went crazy with my camera and took about 233 pictures so this is just the small collection, it took some serious restraint to not post them all.


When the Royal family of Spain visit Seville, they stay in this Palace, in the upper sections. The place was huge, and in immaculate condition.

























Oh my god, when I waked out to the garden (yes, this is considered "the garden") I was blown away, the place looked so beautiful, it didn't even look real.








Of course there were wild peacocks...


The garden had tons of citrus trees, here you can see a lemon tree, an orange tree, and the palm trees in the background. Paradise.




Horse drawn carriages, naturally.


Another cathedral, but that would have to wait for another day



I seriously could not get over how beautiful the place was. And so old too!! Over 1,000 years... and we thought Providence was cool cause all the houses were built in the 1800's...

No comments:

Post a Comment