Thursday, March 15, 2012

Browniesss

So when my parents visited in Barcelona, we all went out to have dinner together (both families) and for dessert we all ordered a brownie Sunday.

But the brownie was dry and crumbly, not a very good consistency, and the flavor left something to be desired. I promised to make them a real brownie. One that was thick and fudgey bursting with buttery chocolate flavor. An American brownie.

And last Sunday, I did.

I also took pictures : )



They don;t really have cocoa powder so I used really dark sugar free chocolate.


Allrecipes.com, never fails.

Primero, (first) we start by cracking some eggs, 4 , in case you couldn't tell.


You know what that is? Melted chocolate and butter. Yeah.


Sugaaaarr the magic stuff.


sugar into eggs


Chocolate and butter into eggs and sugar. 

Notice how this is all done with a fork and little glass cups. No kitchen aid mixer or measuring cups round here.


Mixing in the flour



Perfect luscious consistency.


Pouring it into the pan


and into the oven!

after 15 minutes.. (baking is my favorite form of chemistry)


All done! Sorry I didn't take a picture of them cut up and dolloped with whipped cream, or a shot of their faces when they ate them. But this batch of brownies lasted a good 2 days...

Makin' the world a better place, one brownie at a time. 
But seriously, it was great to bake again, I really have a passion for baking. It's just so different over here! Literally no one bakes, desserts are usually custards or yogurt,  they've never even heard of cupcakes, let alone butter cream frosting! This was my attempt at sharing a little piece of Americana with them, and I think it was a success. 

No comments:

Post a Comment