Monday, January 9, 2012

Family Time

As soon as we got of the train, we were greeted by our host families, Louise (the coordinator) and the principal of the school, Almudena. Laura, my host sister was holding a sign that said "Welcome Allie"
I felt so loved.
We were kissed on both cheeks by like ten people, and had many names and faces thrown at us.. it was so overwhelming, but so nice...
It was good to know we had made it, and we were safe.
Sabina and I went our separate ways, and went to our new homes. I have my own room, and a bathrobe! courtesy of my family :)
The kitchen looks straight out of an ikea catalog, and they have a very sweet cat named Rayo.

I quickly learned that Ana, the mom is an exceptional cook, and I had fish and potatoes for dinner, it was amazing. Real food never tasted so good.

That night I slept like a rock, I didn't wake up til 2pm the next day, which wasn't a good idea.. as I'm still recovering from jet lag (I'm writing this on 1/9/12)

I obviously missed breakfast, but woke up just in time for almuerzo, or lunch, which is the main meal in Spain.
We had paella,which was pretty off the charts to die for delicious.

After some more lounging around, Laura and I headed out for Seville, where we met up with Sabina, and Laura Lopez (her host sister)

No comments:

Post a Comment