Monday, January 9, 2012

Madrid

^This was the view of Madrid form the airplane... so beautiful....
As soon as we got off the plain, we knew something was different.
It was warm, it was beautiful, and there were hardly any people.
Customs literally took 5 minutes, the guy just smiled, and chuckled at our passport pictures, and stamped us through...
We followed the "salir" signs and met up with Nacho, yes Nacho. My Dad's coworker, who took us to the train station. His car was small, a brand I didn't recognize, and as we drove, I got my first real look at Madrid, or Europe for that matter. It was beautiful... old architecture, far predating America, which is so young in comparison. Everyone was well dressed, and there where lots of people smoking... we arrived at the train station to realize we were 3 hours early!


^this was the train station, a huge old building with a botanical garden inside.

So, of course, we set back out for a better view of Madrid, we saw so many beautiful buildings....


Or at least Nacho and I did, I'm pretty sure Sabina passed out in the back.

The Mcdonalds here are green.. 


We arrived the day after a huge festival, the equivalent of Christmas, so there where left over decorations strung up in the streets..




Finally it was time to go back to the station, we thanked Nacho and got to the station, where unsurprisingly, we got on smoothly.



We sped along the Spanish country side... it was so beautiful...

I would have taken more pictures, but I fell asleep.. it was a long 2 days..


No comments:

Post a Comment